Re: esound and playing mp3's ?

>From: Rebecca Ore <rebecca.ore@op.net>

>On Mon, Jan 11, 1999 at 10:58:56AM +0000, Mark R. Bowyer wrote:
>
>> latency, try starting it as "esd -as 2" instead - either/or will do.
>
>[rebecca@ogoense rebecca]$ esd -as 2
>initializing...
>unrecognized option: -as
>unrecognized option: 2
>Unable to bind port 35091
>[rebecca@ogoense rebecca]$
>
>Or perhaps not.  I'm using the tarball version of esd.  If this is
>changed on the cvs version....

In the words of my northern cousins, "Awwww Boogger"...

Sorry, yes - I'm using a version I compiled from a CVS tarball a week or so ago.
I didn't see any versioning info when I found that option, so I didn't know it
hadn't always been there.

I suppose the moral is - "if you want this functionality, go compile a more
recent release"?

Thanks for pointing that out, I'll get me coat.

Ta,

-------My opinion - Not sane, intelligent or necessarily useful-------
o o                                      mailto:Moredhel@earthling.net
/v\ark R. Bowyer.  http://i.am/Moredhel  mailto:Mark.Bowyer@UK.Sun.COM
`-'                                             I'm the dots in .co.uk