Re: Compiling Gnome-core-0.99.2

>From: "kiwiPete \( Peter Cague \)" <kiwipete@ihug.co.nz>

>making all in po
>make[2]: entering directory `/usr/local/src/gnome/gnome-core-0.99.2/po
>make[2]: *** No rule to make target ` ../applets/cpuload/properties.c` ,
>needed by
>`Gnome-core.pot' .  Stop.
>make[2]: leaving directory  `/usr/local/src/gnome/gnome-core-0.99.2/po
>make[1]: *** [all-recursive] error 1
>make[1]: leaving directory  `/usr/local/src/gnome/gnome-core-0.99.2/po
>make: *** [all-recursive] error 2
>
>How do I fix this please?

This has been covered a number of times on this list already.

There are a number of files listed near the top of the Makefile in the po
directory that don't actually exist any more in the rest of the distribution.
The next release of gnome-core will have been fixed, but for now you can simply
edit the Makefile and remove the lines mentioning the files that are complained
about in this way until make runs correctly in there.

Good luck,

-------My opinion - Not sane, intelligent or necessarily useful-------
o o                                      mailto:Moredhel@earthling.net
/v\ark R. Bowyer.  http://i.am/Moredhel  mailto:Mark.Bowyer@UK.Sun.COM
`-'                                             I'm the dots in .co.uk