Re: closing extra fd's in gnome_execute_*

Elliot Lee <> writes:

> On 10 Jan 1999, Martin Baulig wrote:
> > Well, if I understand this correctly, any program expecting any other file
> > descriptor than 0, 1 or 2 open won't work when invoked in the shell for
> > most people (don't know - is something like `foo 5<bar' valid shell syntax?).
> Yes. configure scripts depend on this working.

Well, is this really an issue for gnome_execute_* () ? Normally configure
scripts are invoked in a shell like bash, the shell opens the file
descriptors and passes them to the configure scripts - but when do one
use gnome_execute to invoke a configure script ?

   Martin Baulig - Angewandte Mathematik - Universitaet Trier,