Re: Suggestion: put .rpm & .deb packacking scripts in CVS

On Sat, 9 Jan 1999, Richard Browne wrote:
> Hello folks
>
> [...insert usual apology if this has been discussed before here...]
>
> I've got a suggestion. Why not put the scripts for building RPMs and
> DEBs into CVS? This would make building packages a no-brainer.

I don't know about DEBs, but the only part of making an RPM that takes
thought is the spec file.  All of the main GNOME packages include this
spec file in their toplevel directory.  Most of them have a debian
directory as well, so I think debs are probably covered too.

Best of Luck,
-Gleef