gnome-name-service crash

Hello,

The latest FOR_PANEL ORBit from CVS is giving me problems.
gnome_name_service is crashing in a way that I can't really
explain. Here is a gdb session.

(gdb) file /usr/local/bin/gnome-name-service
Reading symbols from /usr/local/bin/gnome-name-service...done.
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/local/bin/gnome-name-service
warning: Unable to find dynamic linker breakpoint function.
warning: GDB will be unable to debug shared library initializers
warning: and track explicitly loaded dynamic code.
iiop_connection_init: used 0, now 14484

0x400a1b37 in iiop_connection_server () at connection.c:470
470       GIOP_CONNECTION(server_cnx)->fd = socket(PF_INET, SOCK_STREAM, IPPROTO_TCP);
(gdb) break iiop_connection_server
Breakpoint 1 at 0x400a1a9f: file connection.c, line 462.
(gdb) run
The program being debugged has been started already.
Start it from the beginning? (y or n) y
Starting program: /usr/local/bin/gnome-name-service
warning: Unable to find dynamic linker breakpoint function.
warning: GDB will be unable to debug shared library initializers
warning: and track explicitly loaded dynamic code.
Cannot insert breakpoint 1:
Temporarily disabling shared library breakpoints:
1

Breakpoint 1, iiop_connection_server () at connection.c:462
462       IIOPConnection *server_cnx = g_new0(IIOPConnection, 1);
(gdb) next
464       AM();
(gdb) print server_cnx
$1 = (IIOPConnection *) 0x8052050
(gdb) next
465       iiop_connection_init(server_cnx, GIOP_CONNECTION_SERVER, IIOP_IPV4);
(gdb) print server_cnx
$2 = (IIOPConnection *) 0x8052050
(gdb) next
466       PM("iiop_connection_init");
(gdb) print server_cnx
$3 = (IIOPConnection *) 0x8052050
(gdb) next
iiop_connection_init: used 0, now 14484
468       AM();
(gdb) print server_cnx
$4 = (IIOPConnection *) 0x3894
(gdb)
(gdb) next
469       server_cnx->is_serversock = TRUE;
(gdb) print server_cnx
$8 = (IIOPConnection *) 0x400a7298
(gdb) next
470       GIOP_CONNECTION(server_cnx)->fd = socket(PF_INET, SOCK_STREAM, IPPROTO_TCP);
(gdb) print server_cnx
$9 = (IIOPConnection *) 0x400a7298
(gdb) next

0x400a1b37 in iiop_connection_server () at connection.c:470
470       GIOP_CONNECTION(server_cnx)->fd = socket(PF_INET, SOCK_STREAM, IPPROTO_TCP);

I don't see how server_cnx can get changed by AM() and PM(), and it's
too late in the early morning now to find out.

Ronald