Re: gmc dndrop ??

On Thu, 7 Jan 1999, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> It is performing the DnD "copy" operation (the default), if you want
> just to "link", you want to use control-shift-drag.
>
> Do you think this scheme is broken?  Do you think a different set of
> keybindings should be used?

I think it should prompt.  I find this behaviour confusing; I had before
now just thought that gmc didn't support linking and was planning on
reporting it as a bug.

--
Todd Graham Lewis       tlewis@mindspring.net      (800) 719-4664, x2804

"It's still ludicrous that nobody's ever made a run at us by making UNIX
 a popular platform on PCs.  It's almost too late now."  -- Steve Balmer
"It is too late."   -- Bill Gates             _Newsweek_, 6/23/97, p. 82