Re: gnome panel

I too have had this problem as of recently.  I decided not to run the
clock also.  Upon bringing up the panel, I still got a cascade of panels.
To me it appears that every applets wants to make it's own panel.  I get
one applet per panel.  I have pretty much the same set up here except the
kernel is 2.0.35.