Re: ORBit 0.3.91

>To: gnome-list@gnome.org
>From: Bertrand Guiheneuf <Bertrand.Guiheneuf@inria.fr>
>allbery@ece.cmu.edu said:
>// You have Workshop installed, right?  ORBit's configure is
>// too stupid to not | > that you have indent but it's not GNU indent ---
>// so it invokes indent with
>
>// Instead of just slagging it off, you could
>// contribute a configure.in patch | that knows the difference between
>// GNU indent and Solaris indent.
>
>// It's on my list.  You'll pardon me if GNOME isn't the most important
>// thing for  me to deal with...?
>
>This does not prevent you from being polite.

No, but his being a SysAdmin does...  ;O)

I have to say that I don't think he was rude, and we was talking to me.  But
then I was a sysadmin for 6 years, back in my youth.

He was, however, wrong.  Solaris indent causes other problems, and I'd spent a
few minutes installing GNU indent 1.9.1 to surmount *those* for a previous build
of ORBit that went successfully.  My current problems are directly due to the
new orbit-idl executable being unable to parse any *.idl files once built =O(

Ta,

-------My opinion - Not sane, intelligent or necessarily useful-------
o o                                      mailto:Moredhel@earthling.net
/v\ark R. Bowyer.  http://i.am/Moredhel  mailto:Mark.Bowyer@UK.Sun.COM
`-'                                             I'm the dots in .co.uk