Re: Constant load?

A> I love a lot of the new features, but the constant CPU load of
A> GNOME apps makes this desktop completely unusable for me.  Is this
A> a known problem?

For the apps I use (gnome-session, panel, a couple applets) I've
noticed they're well-behaved when started, but will run wild and suck
up CPU when the X server goes (ie, if they're not happily shut down).
So when you start new ones, it may look like it's the new ones taking
up the CPU, but it's really the old ones.  You might try killing all
instances of suck programs and starting them afresh, to see if this is
the problem.

--
Alan Shutko <ats@acm.org> - By consent of the corrupted
Don't interfere with the stranger's style.