Re: Release 0.99.2 of gnome-libs/gnome-core and mc-4.5.5

Well, I still had problems getting these to compile and install on Solaris 8.

Firstly, in gnome-libs, I had to add -D__EXTENSIONS__ to SUPPORTINCS in the
Makefile of both zvt and libgnorba, so that a number of typedefs and structure
definitions would happen.  I just happened to remember that this was there in
0.99.0 and .1, and saw the #ifdef's looking for it in the #included files that
caused the problem.

I also had to "rm /usr/local/gnome/bin/new-object" for "make install" to work -
Otherwise it died horribly. But too late I got the patch for that on this list
=OZ - thanks anyway, always good to know it's not just me ;O)

In gnome-core, I had to hack po/Makefile horribly, due to all the applets and
sub-directories that are no longer there.  where'd they go?  Just removing the
offending lines from the long list fixed that, or at least let it compile...

Then, what's all this "-v" option to mv and cp?  Not legal in Solaris... (in
db2html for mini-commander).

And finally, the "panel" startup script seems to be truncated?  I only have what
looks to be the end of the file.  Not that it matters any, as none of this works
on SOlaris, due to a False return code from XRegisterIMInstantiateCallback()
making it SEGV in the GDK =O(  This *used* to work here.

Finally, in mc-4.5.5, I had to edit line 9115 of ./configure to comment out a
line saying "GNOME_GNORBA_HOOK(,)".  That appears to have fixed it OK, but I
can't figure out whay autoconf left that there?  *IS* that just me?

Also, in po/Makefile again, in POTFILES, I changed ../gnome/gmc-window.c to
../gnome/win.c so it would make.

I'm going to re-build GLIB/GTK+ 1.1.12 again now with xim diasabled, and see how
painful it is =OZ

Hope this has been a little useful,

Ta,

-------My opinion - Not sane, intelligent or necessarily useful-------
o o                                      mailto:Moredhel@earthling.net
/v\ark R. Bowyer.  http://i.am/Moredhel  mailto:Mark.Bowyer@UK.Sun.COM
`-'                                             I'm the dots in .co.uk