Re: esd

There is talk on the WM list that WindowMaker will move towards gnome
full gnome compliance on the next release.

I don't know how much this relates to the sound element of the
environment, but I know that WindowMaker uses WMSound and not esd, which
is what gnome uses. Is this a problem? It seems to me that the sound
management of the WindowManager should be harmonious with Gnome if you
are running the two together; this is seemless when running Gnome with E.
I suppose one could just not use WMSound with WindowMaker while running
gnome... Will the esddsp feature work with WMSound, the same way it works
with other apps? And if not what would be the chances of getting esd
support in WindowMaker... or does this even matter ? <g>

-M