Re: LibGTop 0.99.1 released

On Mon, 4 Jan 1999, Rebecca Ore wrote:

> I feel like a joke or something -- but I still can't get it to build.
> Does it need LibPropList?  What is the missing 'AM_PATH_GLIB' that's not
> found in the library?  I assume that's responsible for the build
> failure.

AM_PATH_GLIB is the autoconf macro used by programs to detect glib.  If
glib is installed from source, make sure that you have the
/prefix/share/aclocal directory included when aclocal is run from
autogen.sh.  Of course, you could avoid all of this by simply getting the
tarball and using ./configure instead of ./autogen.sh.

> I'm tempted to download the rpm and do a forced install and see if that
> will help matters.

Forced RPM installs most always lead to trouble.

> Sorry to be so fussy, but everything else is building and this isn't.
> Obviously nobody else is having this problem, so what is different about
> my system?  Kernel, compiler, libs?  Is anyone else on a stock RedHat
> 5.1 with upgrades except the last kernel upgrade?  If it's built for
> someone else with the same system, I'd like to find out how they did it.

I'm on a RH5.1 system, feel free to email me with problems.

Marcus Brubaker
spoon@elpaso.net
http://www.elpaso.net/~spoon