Re: The State of GNOME

> Stop moaning and do something, I hear you say. At this late stage, bug
> reports seem to be going unnoticed, and pleas for fixes and new features
> are being ignored.

I hate to disagree with you, but I have been fixing every reported
bug that I get.  In the last week I probably did around 40 commits
that either fixed bugs reported or added obvious features that were
missing.

I suggest you subscribe to cvs-commits-list@gnome.org to have a look
at how we are all fixing bugs and improving the release.

Now, I went to the bug tracking system, and I noticed that you have
only submited one "wishlist" item to the panel.  No bug reports, no
complains, no nothing.

We, sadly, lack the power to read the mind of the users.  So we depend
on regular human-level tools to find about the bugs, and that is the
bug tracking system.

Please, in your slashdot editorial, do not forget to point those
points.

Miguel.
--
miguel@gnu.org