Re: "Global" panel properties

Lee wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Has anyone thought about moving the panel's "global properties" menu
> option into the control center?
>
> At the moment, it wouldn't be obvious to the first-time user that the
> global panel properties even existed. (example: how many times does a
> windows user right click the taskbar? I'd bet not many).
>
> My personal justification is that with a corner panel (which is
> fantastic, incidentally:), it can be difficult to actually find an area
> of panel to right-click that isn't taken up by a launcher or an applet.

If you push the mouse pointer against one of the extremes of the screen that
your panel is flush against, the right click will bring up the menu. I.e.
there is a small border around the panel that you can click on, so if your
panel is a horizontal north-west corner panel, you just push the mouse to
the top of the screen and click - easy! ;o)

> Plus the whole point of the control-center is to centralize the
> configuration of gnome, right?

I like the idea of context menus, the idea of menus coming to you rather
than the other way around. Maybee it's just a matter of finding the right
context?

Adam.
--
Signs of crime: screaming or cries for help.
                -- from the Brown Security Crime Prevention Pamphlet