Re: Midnight Commander 4.5.18 is out

>From: Miguel de Icaza <miguel@nuclecu.unam.mx>
>> Hang on.  I just went into / with it.  For some reason it is now going nuts
>> trying to show me the contents of each and every directory it can find from
>> there, running through each directory in the title bar and the Location:
>> field....  I've mentioned this system automounts from a number of *huge*
>> fileservers, haven't I? ...  Had to kill it =OZ
>
>Which directory is that?
>
>In the meantime, you can add this to your ~/.mc/ini:
>
>[Special dirs]
>list=/whatever-other-dir,afs,/coda,/...,/:,/net

It was having fun reading everything in a directory called /TechDocs, which is
an automount of a few gigabytes of text data =OZ

I've added:

[Special dirs]
list=/calls,/TechDocs,afs,/coda,/...,/:,/net,/home,/vol

and that seems to have made a big difference.  I added /vol so that it didn't
get too upset if vold wasn't running (which it isn't if *I* want control of my
floppies and CDs) too.

All seems fine now =O)  Works a *lot* faster for me, it seems.

Thanks,

mark.