Re: Midnight Commander 4.5.18 is out

Can someone tell me how this mountable device stuff is supposed to work, coz it
doesn't on Solaris...

I'm assuming that it's trying to scan /etc/fstab for lines with certain options?

The thing is, Solaris has a Volume Manager Daemon, that already does the
auto-mounting of floppies and CDs, and so there isn't anything in /etc/vfstab,
and there isn't an /etc/fstab...

Instead, vold (as it is known) just mounts these devices when it sees them
(automagically for CDs, when you tell it to look with a "volcheck" for floppies)
so right now, I'm never seeing these devices on my desktop =OZ

Can you give me some clues what should be going on, and how, and I'll have a
look at why it isn't and how it could...

Thanks,

-------My opinion - Not sane, intelligent or necessarily useful-------
o o                                      mailto:Moredhel@earthling.net
/v\ark R. Bowyer.  http://i.am/Moredhel  mailto:Mark.Bowyer@UK.Sun.COM
`-'                                             I'm the dots in .co.uk