Re: Couple of control-center .desktop oddities...

Michael Hall wrote:

>   For what its worth I've never seen two files here:
>
> $ find /usr/local/GNOME/ -name "*screensaver*"
> /usr/local/GNOME/share/control-center/Workspace/screensaver-properties.desktop
> /usr/local/GNOME/bin/screensaver-properties-capplet

share/control-center/Workspace is the 'old' location, it changed
sometime this last weekend to share/control-center/Desktop.

>   Quitting that session and restarting, it reverts back to a generic xscreensaver again
> and I once again have to go back into control center and resave things before my settings
> take effect. I don't know what I'm missing here or if its a bug or designed that way
> but I would think that whenever you start a session it should use your previously
> saved settings when starting up xscreensaver ?

I have noticed this as well, quite annoying, though it can currently be
worked around so it's been low on my priority list for reporting, ie. I
keep forgetting ;-).

--
TTFN
MikeB