Re: GNOME security

On Mon, 22 Feb 1999, Chris Evans wrote:

> I will be happy to audit this. However the SRPM I just downloaded and
> installed for 0.99.8 doesn't have this subdirectory :-(
>
> If some kind soul mails me a tarball of that directory I will have a look
> (currently I am too lazy to learn CVS :-)

I'll mail you a sloppy one privately (tar czf of the subdir, no make dist
or other fanciness).

However you might want to look at http://www.gnome.org/lxr/ if not CVS,
because this a hacked version of GNU su. Since su has been around a long
time, any bugs are likely to be in the new code - thus the diffs on that
web page or from CVS will likely be enlightening. Martin was careful to
import unchanged GNU su as the initial version, again see the README in
the tarball I'm mailing you.

Thanks,
Havoc