Using Gnome+Windowmaker (Gnome first-time User)

Got the latest Gnome distro and installed everything. Running a
'gnome-session' tries to fire up enlightenment and subsequently complains
about me already running another window manager (Window Maker).

1.) How and where do i specify the window manager to use for
'gnome-session'?

2.) Once I have specified to use Window Maker, is it correct that I take
the old 'exec wmaker' entry out of my .xinitrc and replace it with 'exec
gnome-session'?

3.) Can I delete the file ~/.gnome/session ?

TIA
Hans

--
Hans von Lengerke