Re: esound and libraries under Linux generally

Well Ric' Dude,

The problem with these library thingies is that you must run ldconfig after
installing any library. And if in doubt run it anyway.

I had though it was run only after changing ld.so.conf, but not so!

Also deleting config.cache is recommended.

Everyone should know that.. so I think I'll post it to the list as well..

Hmm after updating everything from cvs gnome-core doesn't link.  One step forwards,
two backwards.

Regards

John