cd player eject issues

Heres the skinny on the cd player eject button,

Say youve got a panel cd applet in your panel, and a gtcd player window on
your desktop showing you some song names, and your listening to some sweet
tunes, using GNOME, and life is good.

Say you want to eject the cd and put in another because your mood changed,
your mom/girlfriend walks in, whatever. I have found that with the two cd
apps open, one in the panel and one on the desktop, the eject button does
not work. The cd tray cannot be opened unless all cd app windows are
closed except for one, and that last cd app will eject the cd from the
drive. I wonder i
f anyone else has noticed this stubborn cd behavior.

I noticed this problem in .8, it may occur in previous versions as well.

-FDS