Correct way to start Gnome?

Hi,

Could anyone tell me exactly what is the best way to start Gnome and a
window manager at the same time? I use WindowMaker in conjunction with
Gnome, and I can't find any way of running them together so that when one
exits, another exits, and vice versa. Does anyone know how to do this?
I'm using WindowMaker 0.51, and Gnome 0.99.7, started with

/usr/X11R6/bin/wmaker &
exec /opt/gnome/bin/gnome-session

or

exec /usr/X11R6/bin/wmaker & /opt/gnome/bin/gnome-session

as different experiments, depending on whether I'm using startx or gdm
(still haven't settled fully into the graphical login thing!)

Thanks

Allan

Allan Third (allan@mindless.com)

"It's raining popcorn. Hallelujah!"