Re: sound-properties capplet

On Tue, 16 Feb 1999, Michael K. Johnson wrote:

> >Suggestions on better ways to make this obvious to the user appreciated :)
>
> Does my suggestion of a checkbox to turn an event type on/off count?  :-)

One problem is that Gtk doesn't really have a widget that does this.
CheckButton in a GtkList is the closest thing, but it kind of bites.

(Need a ConfigTree widget, I have seen the widget I mean in several
windows apps. It's like a CTree but each row can have check or radio
buttons, and/or the text can be editable.)

(Which is potential use #152 for an "editable line of text" abstraction to
use in Gtk widgets, canvas items, etc.)

Just tossing out the post-1.0 ideas... for those idle hackers out there...

Havoc