Re: Problem with gnome-terminal 0.99.7

Martin Soto <> writes:
> I installed gnome-terminal from the gnome-core-0.99.7 tarball and now
> I'm observing a very estrange problem.  Every single terminal creates
> at least two bash processes.  One of them is actually the one I see on
> the terminal (i. e. an "echo $$" on the terminal gives that process
> number).  The other one keeps like dying and restarting all the time,
> so that every time I run ps, it gives me a different and increasing
> process number.  I think the problem comes from the terminal because
> closing it just makes all those restarting bash processes to
> disappear, but I haven't been able to trace it any more.

Sorry for following-up to my own posting, but I just noticed exactly
the same problem with the Debian Gnome packages I'm running at the
office, which are compiled from 0.99.3.

M. S.
Martin A. Soto J.                           Profesor
Departamento de Ingenieria de Sistemas y Computacion
Universidad de los Andes