Problem with gnome-terminal 0.99.7

Hi:

I installed gnome-terminal from the gnome-core-0.99.7 tarball and now
I'm observing a very estrange problem.  Every single terminal creates
at least two bash processes.  One of them is actually the one I see on
the terminal (i. e. an "echo $$" on the terminal gives that process
number).  The other one keeps like dying and restarting all the time,
so that every time I run ps, it gives me a different and increasing
process number.  I think the problem comes from the terminal because
closing it just makes all those restarting bash processes to
disappear, but I haven't been able to trace it any more.

Is any one noticing the same phenomenon?  I'm running Debian slink
with all the Gnome stuff compiled from tarballs.

Regards,

M. S.
Martin A. Soto J.                           Profesor
Departamento de Ingenieria de Sistemas y Computacion
Universidad de los Andes      masoto@uniandes.edu.co