SOLVED: Re: gmc .14 complains about not finding icons

Hi there,

Responding to my own question, I feel ashamed I even bothered to ask....
Solving this was _so_ easy.
I grepped the gnome/ subdir of the mc dir to find the file containing the
error string. This was gicon.c. This file tries to load a couple of .png
icons, and fails when one is missing. I looked in
/usr/local/share/pixmaps/mc and I saw that 'i-fifo.png' was missing.

So all I had to do was:
    cp i-sock.png i-fifo.png
and gmc worked again (yeah this a workaround). It's better than downloading
(slow modem) and recompiling....

Thanks for your answer.

Dirk-Jan.