gtk-doc

I am a newbie trying to build gnome for the first time.  Thanks to a helpful
soul, I now realize I must first compile
gtk-doc
to get gnome-libs to compile.

I am having trouble with gtk-doc, such that the gnome-libs make install
fails indicating is having trouble with docbook.  Probably I have not
installed or configured something properly.

There are 3 packages gtk-doc needs.  I think I've built and installed jade
OK.  I downloaded two zip files: docbk31.zip (the docbook) and db133.zip
(stylesheets).

What do I do with the unzipped contents of these two files?  How do I
configure jade to know about them so the gnome-libs install doesn't fail?
Do I need to set some envirornment variable or configuration file?

Thanks once again!!