RPMS??

Is there any plan/method for making new GNOME RPMs generally available?
There have been several people who claim to have built them, merely
looking for a distribution mechanism. Meanwhile, those of us without
the time to dive in fully aren't able to contribute even bug reports.

Besides, somebody has to start acting like 'ordinary users', because
that's a part of the target market for this thing. I saw "luser" used
here, which is probably unadvisable in a development project which is
trying to help bring Linux to a broader audience. Contempt for your
customer is inadvisable.

Is there some opening to work on "installation logistics"? My
'conditions of employment' make it improbable that I can ever
contribute code. I can definitely contribute bug reports. Maybe I can
contribute documentation, at least if it's 'cast correctly'.

I remember OS/2 V3, Win95, RedHat 5.0, and Win98 launches, just to
mention a few. With the recent visibility of Linux, and RedHat in
particular, the RedHat 6.0 launch is going to be IMPORTANT, and can't
afford to go as badly as the 5.0 launch did. Installation problems were
the biggest headaches of OS/2 V3 and Win9X launches. Installing GNOME
even from RPM is a task for the dedicated. Even being included in the
RH 6 install won't get you past 'initial configuration', which has
stymied several co-workers I've given RedHat CDs to. They're not so
dedicated, their computers are tools, not hobbies.

Dale Pontius