gmc vfs question

I noticed on a recent (<2days) cvs gmc that various vfs's were working.
This is cool.  One annoying thing however, is that it then ignore's the
*.keys in share/mime-info for any types that it has a vfs for.  Which is
not as cool.  Is there anyway to turn off some vfs (at runtime not
compile) or to force it to check *.keys first?

In my particular case I prefer to use gxtar, rather than the tar vfs, and
would like to make it easy for others who also prefer gxtar to be able to
use it directly from gmc.

Thanks
-chris

Christopher Rogers      Stevens Institute of Technology
gandalf@pobox.com       http://www.pobox.com/~gandalf