How hard would it be for session apps to start on the right desktop?

Hi,

One thing on my wishlist is for apps which are started with the session
to start on the desktop that they were on when they closed.  I assume
that this would only work with an SM and ICCCM compliant Wm like E or
icewm(?).  I am using icewm right now, and when I start my
gnome-session, all of my apps popup on the first desktop.

I assume that since gnome-pager knows which app goes where, there is
some way to save this info to the session file.

Cheers,
Jeffrey
--
Jeffrey W. Baker