Re: Hard to read leftmost chars in gnome-terminal

>> > This is not exactly a bug... If you compare the leftmost characters
>> > displayed in a gnome-terminal window to an xterm window, you will see
>> > that there is a little (1 pixel?) space to the left in the xterm window.
>> > It would be very nice to have that little space in gnome-terminal
>> > because the text is easier to rad and it looks so much cleaner.
>>
>> As far as I can tell, I added 3 pixels of border.  And then the
>> ChangeLogs show a struggle between Jay and Jonathan to set the
>> borders.  I have now lost track of who did what.
>
> *grumble*
> I lost that struggle...

Hehe ;) But that's still not what we were talking about... Maybe you
could get your honour back by adding a space inside the actual zvt
widget so that the characters are separated from the edge. Try to type
"echo H" in the gnome-terminal and you'll see what I mean. It is too
close to the edge...

I tried to fix this but I had to give up...

Richard