Re: Iagno bug

On 01 February, 1999 - Ian Peters sent me these 1.2K bytes:

> On Tue, Feb 02, 1999 at 12:57:54AM +0100, Tomas Ogren wrote:
> > You can undo the computer's move, but then it won't move again and you
> > have to restart...
>
> I'm not sure I understand what you are saying - or at least, I cannot
> recreate what you are talking about.  A lot of thought went into how
> best to handle undoing moves.  It only allows undoing a move when
> either 2 humans are playing, or 1 user and a computer player.  In the
> first case, it just takes back the last move.  In the second, it takes
> back moves until it is the players turn again.  If I just moved, it
> takes back my move.  If the computer just moved, it takes back his
> move and mine.  If it just took back his move, the computer would just
> move in the same place again!  And if any passing has occurred, it
> handles that too, by just making sure it takes back moves until it is
> the players turn again.

I start up a game with dark as AI-level 1, and myself as light.. the
computer makes a move and I hit ctrl-z and it's back at the start with
nothing more happening.. I can't move and the computer doesn't seem to
want to...

/Tomas
--
Tomas Ögren, stric@ing.umu.se, http://www.ing.umu.se/~stric/
|- Student of Computer Science at the University of Umeå