Re: balsa and deleted mail

>I've been looking for a descent mail reader every since
>I switched from win to linux.
>This is application is far from being usable in every day.
>The only thing this app has going for it is the fact that it integrates
>with gnome-card which is another app ("for the moment") that isn't
>very usable. Kmail is the only thing I've found close to being eye pleasing
>& functional.
>The fact that you have to double click on the inbox to get it to show up in
>the upper right pane & no html rendering of links or header information has
>got to
>say something about what stage of development its in.
>Probably when its all said & done this application will be useful.
>Hopefully:  "this will be a good alternative to Evolution if your not
>looking for a all in one app." email/addressbook/calendar/???

I had the same problem.
I needed a program like kmail with multiple accounts support (better than Postilion)
with multiple levels of mailboxes' folders.

Than I gave up and wrote my own. 8)

It is a Gtk+ app, not gnome (at least until bonobo is fully working).
It supports HTML (read),
multiple accounts,
works nicely with fetchmail, procmail.
can have multiples external viewer based on the MIME-TYPE (e.g. video/mpeg)
and based on the file name (e.g. .doc).

It was built using UW's c-client (the same from PINE and imapd) to handle mail.

It is still under development, but it already does work really well.

The point in writting it is to have all those options/features that I got tired to ask
other mail client's developers to include, and, to be easy to extend.

the URL is:	 http://www.swi.com.br/~chaos/cmc/

-Raul Dias