Re: Workspace specific backgrounds

On Tue, Dec 28, 1999 at 07:47:08AM -0500 or thereabouts, John Kodis wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 28, 1999 at 01:17:44AM -0600, Paul E. Johnson wrote:
>
> > One thing I want is workspace-specific backgrounds.  In E or
> > WindowMaker, this is built in. Not in Sawmill, and if you look at the
> > way Gnome is designed, it seems that Gnome really ought to take care of
> > this.
>
> Same here.  Sawmill rocks, but I'd like to have multiple workspace
> backgrouds.  Also, I'd like them to be *dynamic* -- an xearth
> workspace, an xphoon workspace, an xplanet workspace, and so on, all
> of which update periodically to stay in sync with the universe.

This could more profitably be asked on the wm-users list, perhaps,
but oh well. I haven't been able to find out how to make windowmaker
do different backgrounds or themes for different workspaces. How is
this done? I'd love to be able to do that that.

And will gnome-terminal still do the right thing if I am switching
transparent gnome-terminals between workspaces with different
backgrounds? Or will it keep the colour from the original background
it was opened on? (Strange question, I know, but if I alter the
background colour, I have to jiggle gnome-terms about for them
to notice.)

If it's somewhere blindingly obvious in the windowmaker documentation,
apologies in advance. But I didn't find it. I did look. Honest :)

Telsa