Workspace specific backgrounds

I'm using sawmill for about a week and like it a lot because people in
their list are very active in writing little lisp things to do lots of
little chores.

One thing I want is workspace-specific backgrounds.  In E or
WindowMaker, this is built in. Not in Sawmill, and if you look at the
way Gnome is designed, it seems that Gnome really ought to take care of
this.

Well?

Also, I've not been into the development branch of CVS, but maybe some
of you ahve been.  Has there been any action on making gnome-terminal
choose backgrounds randomly from a given directory whenever new
terminals are opened?  If not that, how about creating a way to pass the
name of a pixmap as an argument to gnome-terminal?  I also wish I could
pass a shade argument to control the tint.

--
Paul E. Johnson        			email: pauljohn@ukans.edu
Dept. of Political Science     		http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn