From: Collin Brown [mailto:colbrown@iname.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 23, 1999 12:57 PM
To: gnome-list@gnome.org
Subject: Disappearing CDROM icon

I just upgraded to REDHAT 6.1; previously I was running Redhat 6.0 with
October Gnome.

Whenever I unmount my cdrom, or eject it via the desktop icon, the desktop
icon for the cdrom disappears.
To get it to reappear, I have to remount the cdrom from the command line, or
linuxconf.

Is this some new "feature"?
How can I get the CDROM icon to remain on the desktop regardless of the
state of the cdrom.

Collin

--
        FAQ: Frequently-Asked Questions at http://www.gnome.org/gnomefaq