Re: forwarded message from Richard Stallman

I really don't understand the whole deal behind the GNU/Linux naming.
I don't think Linus Torvalds named Linux GNU/Linux. Richard Stallman seems
to be bent on the "his way is right" and everyone else is wrong. Im kinda
sick of hearing why I should call Linux GNU/Linux. Maybe we should start
calling GNOME, Redhat/GNOME because they have funded alot of the
GNOME development, or how about calling KDE Troll/KDE because they got
there tool kit from Troll? Maybe we should also through a GNU in front of
KDE because the may have used Emacs at one time, or compiled it with GCC.
We need to remember that Troll is not free so the name should
probaly be GNU(Except the Troll part)/Troll(Which isn't GNU)/KDE.

When someone writes a program using Microsoft Visual Studio does Microsoft
require that the person call there new product Micrsoft/Foo. No, they let
the person call it what ever they want. And this is even from Microsoft
that has shitty software, and a history of maclious business practices.
But now the Free Software Foundation, Free as in FREEDOM, wants people
to call a program that is particularly successful GNU/Linux. Let the
author of the program call it what he wants. If he wants to acknowledge
the free software foundation then let him, feel flattered, but don't try
to force people, or request, or play about there morals to call it
what you want, thats not free thinking at all.

Robert Roeser
--Let the flamming began and forgive my bad spelling--