Re: Sticky Shortcuts

Koen Hufkens wrote:

> Does anyone know how to unlock the shortcuts on my gnome desktop?
> They seem to be stuck in a row  (I used the "arange icons" option).

I don't have a solution, but perhaps I have the same problem: On my
normal user account, desktop icons auto-arrange themselves at every
login. I can move them wherever I want, and when I log out and back in,
they are in a neat column again. This is not a problem for root. I don't
recall, exactly, how long this has been happening, so I can't associate
it with a particular upgrade. I've tried everything I can imagine,
including making verbatim copies of root's configs in the user's .gnome
directory.

Considering all of the annoying little things I put up with because of
my commitment to GNOME, I was resigned to waiting for the problem to
mysteriously go away at some future upgrade (as has happened
frequently). But now I see that somebody else might have the same
annoying problem. My hope is rekindled...