gtcd and playing audio CDs on Solaris

Hi Everyone,

I work on a Solaris 2.5.1 station at work.  I compiled the gnome-media
package and tried to use gtcd to play CDs on the local IDE CD player.  It
used to work pretty well except for not finding some of the CDs at
freedb.freedb.org.  I have recently had to recompile most of my GNOME
packages.  Now I get no sound coming out of the headphone jack when gtcd
is running.  I can see that it is playing the CD (the light is on) but
nothing is coming out of the headphone jack.

Have any Solaris users encountered this problem?

Bidemi Temidire

... PPPoE may not be a real, IETF-approved standard, but it has acquired the momentum
of a de facto standard.

And that means it's probably here to stay, whatever it's shortcomings.  The Sympatico
rebels will probably have to get used to the fact that, just like VHS videocassettes
and Microsoft Windows, it's often the second-rater who wins in th end.

	- Matthew Friedman (a Montreal-based journalist)
	Symaptico's High-Speed Edition ADSL users revolt