Re: gnorpm problem

James Henstridge wrote:

> rpmlib has changed a bit since I released gnorpm-0.9.  That is why you are
> seeing problems.  If you have a system similar to RH6.0, you could try the
> binary RPM at ftp.gurulabs.com.  Otherwise, try installing rpm-devel-3.0
> temporarily while compiling gnorpm-0.9.

Mostly I wanted to get an RPM from this thing.  :)  I'm using this as
sort of a learning too on build RPMs.  Actually, I'm running RH6.1, with
RPM-3.0.3 and RPM-devel-3.0.3, so that's not going to fix it.  :(  Any
other things I should try, or should I try this from a src.rpm?

> I have not released a new version lately, as I have been rewriting the
> networking/rpmfind code to use the W3C's libwww, and it is taking a bit
> longer than I expected (I am currently having a bit of trouble
> implementing a tree walk inside callbacks where I can't use the stack to
> maintain state -- difficult).  When that is done, I should have a version
> that is a bit more stable, and the interface won't slow down when
> downloading files.  It should probably also fix the problems that apeared
> with the version shipped with RH6.1.

Sounds cool, I hope you're having fun.  I don't actually USE gnorpm, I'm
a command line guy, except for email.  I was just looking to have it
run, and then make it available for other people to use.  Thanks,
	Greg