Re: Memprof anyone? && WM/Gnome too slow

D-Man <dman@d137-l025.rh.rit.edu> writes:

> I think your problem is that you are exiting the application before
> running the summaries.  If you quit the app, then the Leaks summary will
> complain about the subprocess exiting unexpectedly, and the Profile
> summary will seg fault.  Just run the summaries before quitting the app
> and you should be fine.
>

> About slow WM/Gnome,  I mentioned on another thread that for some reason
> Window Maker had started to be very slow.  I switched to E, but no
> difference.  I am currently running Sawmill because I want to try out
> the WM that may become the new default.  Shortly before I logged out,
> while still running E, I quit gaim.  Then all my speed came back.  I
> later ran gaim from memprof and found that it has several memory leaks.
> My problem is that I have a habit of leaving gaim and GnomeICU running,
> running xlock and going to class for a few hours.  Eventually, all my
> memory was gone (64MB) and most of my swap too (~100MB).

Maybe it have nothing to do with that,
but be carreful using gnomeicu, sometime it will crash
( even if it appear to be alive ) and eat all your cpu.
( this is a bug of the latest release ).

--
                   -- Yoann,  http://www.security-addict.org
     It is well known that M$ products don't call free() after a malloc().