Setting up a desktop launcher

  I've tried to create a desktop launcher as a shortcut for a telnet
connection.

  The command is "telnet host" and it should be run in a terminal.

  When I create such a launcher on the desktop with gmc telnet is not
started in a gnome-terminal but in a xterm. Why? (Same is true for
a launcher from the panel)

  If I try to look at the properties, I see something about Statistics,
Options, and Permissions but nothing about the command itself (opposed
to a launcher in the panel).

  Oliver