Re: Detachable menu's & Scriptability

On Sun, Aug 29, 1999 at 06:45:12PM +0000, Eric Windisch wrote:
> I think this  would  be a very interesting feature to add to the
> panel's foot menu.. NeXt/Wmaker/etc'ish detachable sub-menu's in
> the foot-menu. Currently all the menu's (for some strange reason)
> have a header with the name of the menu on it, just drag that header
> and detach and stick anywhere.. maybe even into another foot-menu.

I'm currently working on tearoff menus for the panel, which will sort of work
like that, but it will look more like normal tearoff menus

> [speaking of which having multiple menus would be nice too,
> like you can have the draw-panels.. making your own menus would be
> very neat]

you already can, just add a new menu, right click on the applet, go to
properties and point it to some directory with a menustructure inside it.

If you want to make a menu from one of the menus in your foot menu, just go
in there, right click on the title bar of the menu and you'll get a list of
actions you can do, one of them should be "add as a menu to the panel" or
something like that

George

George Lebl <jirka@5z.com> http://www.5z.com/jirka/
  The following implements RSA in perl and is illegal to export from the US: