Detachable menu's & Scriptability

I think this  would  be a very interesting feature to add to the
panel's foot menu.. NeXt/Wmaker/etc'ish detachable sub-menu's in
the foot-menu. Currently all the menu's (for some strange reason)
have a header with the name of the menu on it, just drag that header
and detach and stick anywhere.. maybe even into another foot-menu.
[speaking of which having multiple menus would be nice too,
like you can have the draw-panels.. making your own menus would be
very neat]

Another feature I am interested in is perl or tcl scriptable actions
in gnome. This could be integrated with the sound events, as well.
If event X happens, gnome would check the user-defined or global script
for code to execute on that action this could be sound, speechsynth,
theme-change, or whatever.

--
Eric Windisch