Re: GnoRPM: what version of RPM has rpmProblemSetFilter?

James Henstridge wrote:

> Did you get the package from ftp.rpm.org or its mirrors?  For the packages
> there, they use the release part of the name to specify which version of
> red hat it was compiled with.  If you got the 3.0-6.0 package, you will
> have problems if you do not have glibc2.1 on your system.  The 3.0-5.2
> or 3.0-5.0 package is probably a better choice.

I got it from ftp.rpm.org.  I guess if I'd paid more attention to the name, I'd
have noticed the 6.0 in it.  But I got it solved.  I installed the wrong devel-3.0
rpm, then compiled 3.0 from source and over-wrote librpm.a with the one I
compiled.  Then everything went fine.  After I compiled and installed GnoRPM, I
updated my RPM back to devel-3.0.2.  So I'm in business.

Thanks a lot for your help,
Dan

> It is quite likely that there would be problems using a library compiled
> with egcs with gcc, unless you are using glibc2.1, which has some code to
> get rid of those problems.

I haven't yet upgraded to glibc2.1.  I think I'm going to wait until I get a new
distro and install it cleanly.