Re: Why is Bonobo better than KOM/OpenParts?

> I've been reading a bit about OpenParts, and a bit about Bonobo, and they both
> sound excellent and very promising.  So now I'm challenging the Bonobo
> developers (who hopefully know at least the little bit I know about OpenParts)
> to explain how (or if?) Bonobo is better than OpenParts.

Bonobo is designed to be simple to implement, here are some of the key
features in this regard:

	* Simple base class (only 3 methods for providing garbage
	  collection and dynamic discovery of services).

	* Everything is based on single inheritance.

	* the Gtk-based implementation uses Gtk objects to represent
	  CORBA servers.

	* Many concepts are grabbed from OLE2 (Object linking and
	  embedding).

	* Doing non-C or non-GTK+ based implementations of Bonobo is
	  simple, as there is little to implement.

best wishes,
Miguel.
--
miguel@gnu.org