Re: Suggestion

On 25-Aug-99 Preben Randhol wrote:
> Tom Gilbert <gilbertt@tomgilbert.freeserve.co.uk> writes:
>
>| Also, on many mail clients, this feature ruins threading bu subject,
>| and other such features. There are also problems cross-posting
>| replies. Headers can often be screwed up, like
>
> Yes.

        My mail client (XFMail version 1.3) screws up threads
in both this and the PostgreSQL newsgroup folders. The latter
mail list uses embedded newsgroup names. I haven't noticed much
difference.

>| Believe me, more users detest this feature than like it. The
>| [ListName] feature is much more popular in the windows world, where
>| proper mail filtering is lacking.

        For the record, I like the embedded newsgroup names, but I
can live without them. I tend to build mailboxes for particular
subjects, and use filters in the mail client to place incoming
messages in those folders. Having the group names in the subject
makes it easier to figure out which messages I want to read.

Date: 25-Aug-99  Time: 16:28:26

Craig Orsinger                  (email: <orsingerc@epg-gw1.lewis.army.mil>)
Logicon RDA
Bldg. 8B28                      "Just another megalomaniac with ideas above his
6th & F Streets                 station. The Universe is full of them."
Ft. Lewis, WA   98433                   - The Doctor