Re: gnome not working because of sound.

On Wed, 25 Aug 1999, Elliot Lee wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Aug 1999, Stefan Langerman wrote:
>
> > bash-2.01$ gnome-session
> > /dev/dsp: No such file or directory
>
> By simply reading the error message, you may notice that there is no such
> device file as /dev/dsp. Most likely this would be a problem with your
> system installation, and not with esound.
>
> -- Elliot
> Who me? I just wander from room to room.

Well, since I don't have a sound card, I shouldn't need a /dev/dsp right?
Except for a case like this... so let me precise my question: Is
there a way to tell gnome not to try to play sounds, or otherwise, is
there a way to set up a /dev/dsp that does nothing (I tried linking it to
/dev/null, but that doesn't do the trick)

Thanks for your help.

Stefan.