Re: GPPP applet

    Andrew> Gnome has gnome-ppp (it is now part of the gnome-network)
    Andrew> which IMHO works just as well as kppp.  Have a look at
    Andrew> http://www.serv.net/~jpaint/ezppp/howto.html on how to set the
    Andrew> thing up (EzPPP is an earlier version of gnome-ppp). On
    Andrew> reading the document I was able to correctly configure
    Andrew> gnome-ppp. I now connect to my ISP at the click of the mouse
    Andrew> :-)

Gnome-ppp works, but at least here not as well as kppp. 2 problems I have
with the latest incarnation (compiled from Gurulabs srpm on a RH 5.2 box):
1) the terminal window doesn't report the connection speed; 2) whatever
the value I set for mtu and mru, gnome-ppp will connect at
296/296.

But since kppp works quite well under gnome, I just don't use gnome-ppp ;-)

--
Pierluigi Miraglia pierlu AT iname.com pmiragli AT kent.edu

The soul has a self-increasing logos (Herakl.)