RE: GPPP applet

If you want just plain ol' minimize, sure.  Kppp behaves like any other
GNOME window - shows up in the pager etc.  If you mean docking it into the
panel and other funky things KDE does, then no, at least not with the
current binaries. (I use the gurulabs builds)

As far as duplication of effort, absolutely, I agree.  I use kppp mostly
'cause I don't want to wait for gnome-ppp to catch up.  I think what was
meant by "porting" kppp was moving it from QT to GTK+.  And yes, I run both
at the same time, too.

I begin to wonder if we need an abstraction layer around the widget kit.
And then how many competing abstractions would we see..... ;-)